Thursday 12 August 2010

Early morning

I had to bring Abe downstairs at 5.45am this morning. He's waking up wide awake at this time - has been for a couple of weeks now. He would actually lie in his cot happily enough for a while but his kicking and chatting keeps his Mum from sleeping.

So it's the early shift for me. I don't actually mind it that much. Once I've mustered the energy to get out of bed it's nice to bring him down, change him and then have breakfast. Abe will sit in his high-chair and watch me while I make tea and porridge. He's generally pretty chilled at this point in the morning - he yawns a lot and will go back down to sleep by about 8am normally. Recently (especially since we acquired a 'bouncer' from my brother & family) I've been able to play some Xbox while he amuses himself. This morning he didn't like it for long, so we may have turned a corner with that though. Bah.

Right now Abe's watching Pingu and it's 10 to seven. Oscar is prowling around me, mewing for attention, while I sit tapping away on my macbook on the floor by the swing chair. Abe mewls a bit every few seconds too - he's getting a bit bored of Pingu, so best sign off...

No comments:

Post a Comment